Don’t Miss Out On Our Summer Special! $500 OFF Weddings booked before September 1st, 2019!
Thank you for inquiring about our wedding venue for your special day. Laurel Brooke farm is a beautiful country estate nestled in a grove of trees on 40 acres, surrounded by a fruit orchard, pecan grove and a vineyard. Located seven miles north of historic Weston Missouri, our farm is on one of the highest points in Platte County, offering a spectacular view! Our barn was renovated by Amish craftsmen from Jamesport, Missouri and has welcomed many Bed and Breakfast guests from 2001 to 2017. However in October 2017 we said goodbye to our last guests and started a new adventure. The 3,000 square foot barn has been expanded to 4,200 square feet in 2018 and is now available as a venue for your special event.
If you are looking for a romantic setting for a wedding venue, or larger party accommodations for a corporate event or private party, Laurel Brooke Farm eagerly awaits your arrival. Whether you desire rustic charm, or country elegance at its best, Laurel Brooke Farm can make your dream wedding come true. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Warren and Debbie Keith
Event Packages & Rates
Friday or Saturday $4,000
- Day access to the venue at 8 am.
- 14 hours of exclusive property rental time.
- No other event booked the same day.
- Only 5.6% sales tax
- You may choose your own vendors
- Event must be concluded by 10 o’clock p.m.
- Event must be cleaned up by 11 o’clock p.m.
- Air Conditioned / Heated
- On-site Free Parking with parking attendant and handicap accessible parking
- Public restrooms with handicap accessibility
- Free wifi
- On-site Wedding/Event Coordinator
- Use of the Barn to prepare for your special day
- Bridal Suite featuring an antique armour, dresser, vanity with make-up lighting, refrigerator, sofa, vintage rocking chairs, full length mirror, and a private bathroom with an antique claw-foot tub to get ready for your special day
- Groom’s Quarters with a dresser and mirror, refrigerator, sofa, vintage church pew, rocking chairs, old-fashion school desk, big screen TV with satellite and private bathroom with antique claw- foot tub .
- Indoor Ceremony/Reception Area including up to 160 white wooden resin chairs
- Outdoor Ceremony/Reception Area including up to 200 white folding chairs
- May upgrade chairs for an additional charge
- Tables- round, square or rectangular.
- Use of barn, grand deck, beautiful flower garden, and charming brick patio with climbing grape vines on pergola.
- Tents available upon request for outdoor area. *Additional fees apply
- Set up and tear down of tables and chairs
- 3 Chandeliers with adjustable lighting in barn
- Stone Fireplace
- Free use of decor including 2 antique wash tubs, 3 wagons, antique counter, antique secretary (perfect for your guests to sign in at the barn), wood rounds, swings, benches, Adirondack chairs, and rocking chairs.
- Use of bar *(bartender and alcohol not included)
- Edison bulb string lights on barn and through out outdoor areas which adds to the ambience.
- Several electrical outlets
- Bistro tables and chairs on brick patio.
- High top tables on deck and patio ideal for cocktail hour.
- Windmill in flower garden area *perfect for pictures
- Wooden Arbor that may be moved as needed to flower garden, brick patio or inside of the barn for your ceremony.
- Yard Games
- Fire-pit * $150 charge
- Excellent photo opportunities including use of vineyard and pecan grove to capture your special day.
- Complimentary 2 hour Engagement session (photographer not included). Scheduling required.
- Complimentary 2 hour Rehearsal Monday – Thursday. Scheduling required.
- Lodging available near the airport, Platte City, and at several bed & breakfast as well as the historic St. George hotel in Weston.
- Client Discounts for services at Genesis Medical Spa of Kansas City
10 Minutes from Historic Weston
25 Minutes from Kansas City International Airport
35 Minutes from Kansas City
35 Minutes from St. Joseph
Wedding and Reception Coordinator
A wedding and/or reception coordinator will be present for your rehearsal, your ceremony and your reception. You will meet with your coordinator 2 weeks prior to your wedding and/or reception and all of the details of your event will be reviewed. Please bring the names and contact numbers for all independent contractors as well as their liability insurance information to this meeting. A total number of your guest count will need to be given at that time as well.
Layout, Set-up, and Clean Up
The number of guest accommodations may vary depending on the site chosen for your event. Our event director will work with you to create a custom lay out design. Laurel Brooke Farm staff is responsible for set up and removal of tables and chairs. You and your vendors are responsible for removing specialty items such as flowers, cake stands, gifts, decorations, etc. and for clean up inside and outside by 11 o’clock p.m the day of your event. There will be a $150 an hour charge for any clean up done by LBF Staff.
Guarantors and their vendors may arrive as early as 8 o’clock a.m. on their reserved date to decorate. Any candles must be on trays or mirrors and the flames must be enclosed. Votives work nicely for this. Confetti, glitter, fireworks or sparklers are not allowed. Take down and removal of all personal items, decorations, and flowers must be completed by 11 o’clock p.m the day of the event. Nails and Staples used for decorating are prohibited.
You may choose your own vendors. All vendors, including the wedding couple, must have liability insurance for the day of the event. It is the responsibility of the couple to provide the name of your vendors and certificates of insurance to Laurel Brooke Farm. A list of preferred vendors is available upon request.
Free parking is available on site with parking attendant.
A non-refundable booking deposit of $1000 is due at the time of reserving your date and will be applied to your final balance. The remaining balance is due 90 days before your event. A refundable $1000 damage deposit will be collected at the time of booking. After the event, LBF shall apply this amount towards any damages incurred. The net amount shall be paid back to the renter within 14 days.
- NO smoking in the Barn. ***
- Use of swimming pool is prohibited during event. ***